Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First Assignment/Introductory Blog

The first question given to us as a class to address in our introductory blog is, "Who am I".  Many things come to mind when asked this question but for the sake of time i'll address the things that I feel are most important.  Some basic information about myself, my name is Ronald Johnson Jr.  I'm a fourth year student here at Ohio State, majoring in Criminology.  I'm a member of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity Inc., Beta Mu chapter here on campus.  Another answer to the question, "Who am I" would be son/brother/uncle/grandson.  These are probably the titles that I deem most important in my life and everyday I strive to be the best that I can be at all of those roles.  Family is and always has been the most important thing in my life and will definitely always be that way.  I'm a mama's boy, always have been and always will be.  I'm an Iota.  I joined Iota Phi Theta in the spring of '09 with two other's who are now two of my best friends and haven't looked back since.  Wouldn't trade it for anything and have enjoyed it since I joined.

I joined fraternity life to be  a part of something bigger than myself. That is the easiest way to explain it.  My ideals and principles fall in line with that of my organization but I wanted to be a part of something that was important to many people and not just myself. Community service was also a reason I'm a part of fraternity life.  I was in an organization that promoted leadership through service and around the time that my membership in that was coming to a close I wanted to be a part of something similar to that so I decided joining my organization was the best option for me.

After reading the entire "blogabus", I definitely know now that this class will be a little bit more work than I had anticipated but at the same time I'm excited to learn some new things and increase my knowledge of what it takes to further my leadership skills and also to promote the benefits of greek organizations on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment